Restoring our connection with the earth by facilitating tree planting and empowering communities with the knowledge, technology, and tools to take climate action now.
Life Terra Team
Our Team is a diverse group of people that are enthusiastic about taking climate action now. The foundation is based in Amsterdam and Barcelona, but we collaborate with partners all over Europe and are always open to get in touch with like-minded people.
Our Core Principles
- Transparency – we are creating the tools to make planting initiatives measurable and visible. Coming soon: a precise tree geotagging tool, and online dashboard for tree monitoring.
- Biodiversity – all Life Terra plantings will be multispecies, involving an average of 8 different kinds of trees to ensure mixed forest stands and rich, biodiverse ecosystems. Together with the landowner we choose species that are right for the area.
- The right tree in the right place – at Life Terra we work from an “ecosystem-based approach” meaning that we consider all the conditions of a terrain and its surrounding area to ensure that the lands we are restoring actually need trees.
- Trees are not enough – we love trees, but they alone cannot halt the climate crisis. We believe our governments, companies, and individual households all need to take action, prioritizing sustainable agriculture, the circular economy, green energy, and biodiversity. Learn more.
- Knowledge is power – we want a brighter future for our children. While we work hard to make it happen, we also work to educate the next generation so that they can be equipped with the knowledge and tools they need, to make decisions as future leaders, tree caretakers, and stewards of this earth.
- Sustainability – we want our trees to survive and thrive! We only work with landowners that are committed to maintaining their new trees over the long term to take full advantage of their carbon capture potential.
- Green procurement – When choosing our own suppliers we look for organizations that have social and environmental goals in addition to their financial ones.
Let’s fight climate change together!
Plant trees, become a volunteer, trial our education course, organize a restoration project, offer land or compensate your carbon.